Sunday, February 24, 2013

Trade you a burrito for a baby

For the past five weeks (only one more to go!), I have been on a night float rotation at Denver health (Sunday to Thursday nights from 6pm to 7:30am). It has left Ben doing all the bedtimes, baths, mornings getting out the door and middle of the night wake ups (yes even our wonderful sleeper has these from time to time). It's also forced us to find creative ways to make sure I still get to see her. This has involved a lot of help from our support system. Revae has come over a few times to watch Molly at home and my mom has spent the night many times as well to help Ben not have to commute and give him support in the evenings. We have also coordinated a pretty good system many days of the week in which Ben will meet me at work in the morning. I'll have Bfast (always coffee and often a Bfast burrito) for him in exchange for baby girl and her bag for the day. We often exchange cars too so she doesn't have to get out in the cold. I'll bring her back to work at 6 and meet Ben, who usually has dinner (often a chipotle burrito) for me. We trade cars again. He takes Molly home for dinner and bedtime, and I go to work. Hence, the "burrito for a baby" exchange :)

While the extra drive cuts into sleep time, it's been so nice to get to see baby girl some during the day. Not only so, but I get to see Josie too which is so refreshing always. Even though its not a lot of time, it's fun to get to catch up with her some. It's also so so nice to see how loved and happy Molly is every day at the Weingartners. I usually feed her bfast and put her down for her AM nap.  I then wake up once or twice during the day to pump. I have found her dancing with her cousins in one room, enjoying lunch in the kitchen, hanging out with her uncle, or playing outside with Josie and the kids. I love it!! She is so lucky to have such a great family to be part of during the day.  I also get to see a little bit of my wonderful niece and nephews, which is so enjoyable.  I sleep in Smith's room and he totally said "Jord" and "love you" to me for the first time last week.  I've been there when Zane lost his first tooth and have gotten to see Emmy love on Molly all the time.  Thank goodness for family!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment